Thursday, May 30, 2013

Ceramics Project

This project was my favorite project we did all semester long. The medium I used was the white clay to mold a  bowl shape. The second medium I used was the red slip to create the design in the middle of my bowl. The size of my ceramics is 11 inches in diameter. The technique I used to create the shape of my bowl was called slump.The fuction of my piece is for decoration. It isnt a very good bowl for something like, lets say, food. It is a very pretty decoration to put somewhere around the house and that is what I use it for! I created the design for this project because I wanted to make it for my mother and I put hearts inside the middle because I want to show her how much I care and love her. I learned a lot from this project, I learned how hard it can be to deal with clay and the different stages clay goes through to turn out like so. If I could go back and change something in my project, I think I would change the way I smoothed out the edges of my bowl. I feel like I didnt take enough time to make them really round and smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment