Thursday, May 30, 2013

Acrylic Landscape Painting

While making this landscape painting at first it took a lot of time to create and organize. While looking at my picture I had to figure out which pieces were which, for example, which part is the sky, backround, middle ground, and foreground. I usedcomposition by adding many dark and light colors to my painting. Something special that added compostiton was my sunset in the sky. Atmospheric perspective refers to the effect the atmosphere has on the appearance of an object as it is veiwed from a distance. I created atmospheric perspective by using the sky, backround, middleg ground, and foreground. I created a good amount of light source by added little things to my painting such as white clouds and a nice orange sunset. Those things made my painting look very bright and happy. My color scheme for this painting included many similar colors and different colors. For example there were many blues and greens but sometimes lighter colors like orange and light brown were included in my scheme. For my sky, my brush strokes were light and a simple back and forth motion of my hand to get that idea of a sky. While painting my backround, I didnt stroke my brush at all I actually did a dabbing technique to get the idea of a rough, somewhat grassy ground. Painting my middle ground was much like the sky at first I just went back and fourth but while painting the grass, I flicked my brush upwards to create a grassy look. My foreground is the ocean, and its very similar to my sky, I used many back and forth strokes. I used most of my value for this piece of art in my sky. The sky was many shades of blue and had a few clouds in there

No comments:

Post a Comment